2015 Halloween Extravaganza!
Our annual Halloween Extravaganza, scheduled for Saturday, October 31st, is quickly approaching! See below for a Schedule of Events as well as important announcements regarding Volunteers, Street Closures, and our Halloween Photo Contest.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
- Costume Contest – The festivities will begin with a children’s costume contest in the cul-de-sac on Glen Oaks. There will be multiple age groups with prizes awarded to the “Scariest” and “Most Creative” costumes in each group. Costume judging will begin promptly at 6:30pm.
- Trick-or-Treat Parade - After the costume contest prizes are awarded, the trick-or-treat parade will begin. Trick-or-treaters and their parents will parade from Glen Oaks, down Nashua, left onto Turnpike and right onto Prince Street. If you won’t be parading down the street with a trick-or-treater, please make plans to set up a lawn chair along the route to hand out treats to the local ghouls and goblins!
- Haunted House and Carnival – The parade will end on Prince Street where we will have a haunted house, along with various other games, movies and treats. The haunted house and movie are expected to begin at approximately 7:00pm.
- Food Truck – We are excited to Skratch Food Truck joining in on the fun again this year. Come hungry and bring your wallet to sample their adult and kid-friendly dinner options (www.skratch-food-truck.com.) Additionally, Rita’s will be serving complimentary Italian Ice near our popcorn and lemonade tables.
Set Up and Tear Down - We need any and all hands to assist with setting up prior to the event and tear down after things wind down on Halloween night. Set up will occur on Friday and Saturday before the Halloween event. Tear down will occur on Saturday evening after the event and on Sunday. Email Suzanne Driskill (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions or to sign up.
In order to ensure the safety of all participants, we will have neighborhood volunteers blocking the street at the intersections of Nashua & Turnpike and Prince & Turnpike. These intersections will be blocked beginning at 6:15 pm, restricting vehicular access to Glen Oaks, the south end of Nashua and the east end of Turnpike until the parade ends at approximately 7:15 pm. Additionally, vehicular access to the south end of Prince Street will be restricted for the duration of the evening when the haunted house and carnival wrap up around 9:00 pm. See below for a map of street closures.
• Please help us clear the parade route by moving all cars from the street.
• Plan ahead for any travel in or out of these areas during the times noted above and don’t forget to alert your guests.
STREET CLOSURE MAP
**Yellow streets closed from approximately 6:15 to 7:15 pm.
**Red streets closed from approximately 6:15 to 9:00 pm.
We are excited to announce our Share It. Print It. Win It. photo contest at this year’s Halloween Extravaganza. See below for more details. We hope you’ll join in the fun!
Share your Halloween photos on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter using our #tmnahalloween hashtag.
Photos tagged on Instagram with #tmnahalloween will automatically print! Pick them up at the Halloween Carnival photo booth on Prince Street. (Limit 3 photos per user. Also note that for our printer to detect your photo, your Instagram account must be “Public” when your photo is shared.)
All photos shared using the #tmnahalloween hashtag will be entered into a drawing to win one of 5 FREE registrations for the upcoming Run the Grove 5K on April 23, 2016. Winners will be announced on our Run the Grove Facebook page on November 3rd.