2016 Halloween Extravaganza!
Save the date for this year’s Halloween Extravaganza, which is scheduled for Monday, October 31st. See below for a schedule of the night’s events.
- Costume Contest – The festivities will begin with a children’s costume contest in the cul-de-sac on Glen Oaks. There will be multiple age groups with prizes awarded to the “Scariest” and “Most Creative” costumes in each group. Costume judging will begin promptly at 6:30pm.
- Trick-or-Treat Parade - After the costume contest prizes are awarded, the trick-or-treat parade will begin. Trick-or-treaters and their parents will parade from Glen Oaks, down Nashua, left onto Turnpike and right onto Prince Street. If you won’t be parading down the street with a trick-or-treater, please make plans to set up a lawn chair along the route to hand out treats to the local ghouls and goblins!
- Haunted House and Movie – The parade will end on Prince Street where we will have a haunted house, along with a short Halloween movie and popcorn. The haunted house and movie are expected to begin at approximately 7:00pm.
Many of you have generously volunteered your time to help make this year’s event a success –thank you!! However, there are still several opportunities to get involved. Take a look over the list below, and call or email me (713.320.0647 or email@example.com) to sign up.
- Set Up and Tear Down - We need any and all hands to assist with setting up prior to the event and tear down after things wind down on Halloween night. Set up will occur on Saturday and Sunday before the Halloween event. Tear down will occur on Monday evening after the event.
- Haunted House – We need volunteers to help with the planning process for this year’s haunted house. If you have a love for all things creepy and crawly and are interested in helping plan for and/or set up the haunted house, we would love to hear from you!
We’re looking forward to seeing you all there!